Ayana Resort & Spa in Bali, the most beautiful spa in the world, according to Instagram users.
Ayana Resort & Spa
With the Omicron Covid-19 variant taking the world by storm this holiday season, folks are continuing to cautiously plan trips for 2022 amid news of flight delays and cancellations due to illness and staff shortages. Needless to say, we could all use a break after the insane drama of 2021 and the idea of a spa day sounds amazing right about now. If you dream of relaxation, a spa-themed staycation or trip to one of the world’s most beautiful hot springs may be just what the doctor ordered.
A recent study by LuxuryHotel.com, an upscale luxury travel website based in the United Kingdom, recently revealed its list of the 20 most Instagrammable spas around the world, each one worthy of a spot on your post-pandemic travel bucket list.
Here’s a look at the results for the 20 most Insta-Worthy spas around the world, according to Instagram users:
1. Ayana Resort in Bali, Indonesia, with 132,009 total hashtags
2. Blue Lagoon in Iceland, with 109,917 total hashtags
3. Szechenyi Baths in Hungary, with 57,436 total hashtags
4. La Mamounia in Morocco, with 51,972 total hashtags
5. Shoreditch House in the United Kingdom, with 44,163 total hashtags
6. Amangiri in Utah, United States, with 28,638 total hashtags
7. The Twelve Apostles in South Africa, with 26,212 total hashtags
8. Gellhert Thermal Baths in Hungary, with 24,469 total hashtags
9. Aqua Dome in Austria, with 23,727 total hashtags
10. Ojai Valley Inn in California, United States, with 22,344 total hashtags
11. Al Maha in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with 20,927 total hashtags
12. Scandinave Spa in Canada, with 18,368 total hashtags
13. Coworth Park Hotel in the United Kingdom, with 16,844 total hashtags
14. Thermalbad Spa in Switzerland, with 14,296 total hashtags
15. Miramonti Boutique Hotel in Italy, with 9,070 total hashtags
16. Trianon Palace Versailles in France, with 8,759 total hashtags
17. The Chedi Andermatt in Switzerland, with 8,254 total hashtags
18. Six Senses Douro Valley in Portugal, with 7,568 total hashtags
19. Brenners Park Hotel in Germany, with 6,999 total hashtags
20. Sanara Spa in Mexico, with 6,860 total hashtags
To get the results, LuxuryHotel.com staff researched the most popular spas around the world, then conducted searches within Instagram to see how many times each one had been tagged with its individual hashtag, for instance, #AyanaResort or #BlueLagoonIceland. The final results were then ranked from highest to lowest to create the Top 20 list.
While most of the spas listed are located outside North America, two American spas—Amangiri in Utah and Ojai Valley Inn in California—made the cut, as did Scadinave Spa, which has several locations throughout Canada (Mont-Tremblant, Vieux-Montréal, Whistler and Blue Mountain), and the fabulously fancy Sanara Spa in Tulum, Mexico. Otherwise, the list consists of mostly European spas aside from La Mamounia in Morocco, Al Maha in Dubai and the number one Insta-Worthy spa in the world, Ayana Resort & Spa in Bali, Indonesia. Still, there are plenty of options at home and abroad depending on where you live and how far you’re willing to travel for a few days of sweet, sweet relaxation.